Up Next In 2020
2020-2021 dance registration
Registration is now open for the 2020-2021 dance year at PRJ!
PRJ is back and better than ever!
We cannot wait to have our dancers back in the studio with us again!
Due to our new health and safety policies we have reduced our class
sizes and have limited spots available for each class, so don't
wait too long to reserve a spot for your child!
2020 COVID-19 Policies for In-Person Classes
Dear PRJ Dance Center Families,
We hope you are all safe and well. We have missed our dancers and their families so much!
Here at the studio, we have been planning and preparing for our re-opening. The health of our
dancers, staff, and families is our priority. We are taking every precaution possible to mitigate
the spread of COVID-19.
1. We are complying with the CDC guidelines.
2. We must enforce a strict rule, that no one is allowed in the studio space if they are sick or showing symptoms of illness.
If you or your child has a fever, persistent sneezing, coughing (even due to seasonal allergies), or sore throat please do not
come to the studio.
3. Parents may only come into the studio to make a payment or ask a quick question of
the office staff. This will be limited to one customer at a time and a face mask must be
worn. We ask that parents wait outside in their cars. Our lobby is closed.
4. Dancer should arrive 10 minutes before class and should line up outside of the studio
leaving a 6’ distance between other dancers. Dancers should be picked up promptly
after class. Students will be asked to leave the studio in between classes if they have a break longer than 30 minutes.
5. Dancers must come fully dressed for class with hair properly tied up.
6. Dancers must bring a dance bag with items listed below*. They will be placed on the
floor under the barre where they are standing.
7. Dancers will be required to wear a mask upon entry and while exiting the building. They are required to wear a mask at all times while in the hallways. They may remove the mask if desired during the class when directed by the teacher and if they are following social distancing protocols. Dancers are responsible for bringing their own masks, as masks will not be provided by the Patti Rutland Jazz Dance Center.
We recommend having more than one mask.
*Masks for ages 3-5 are optional once inside the studio and up to you as parents to decide if they should wear during class.
8. Dancers will be met at the door, temperature will be taken with a thermal non-contact
temperature scanning device. (Any student with a fever of 99.5 or higher will not be
allowed to enter the studio.)
9. We will be requiring dancers to use hand sanitizer upon entering and departing the
building. This will be provided at the entrance and in the classrooms.
10. NO dancer will be allowed in the studio after the teacher shuts the door and the class
begins. No exceptions.
11. Dancers must maintain their social distance and refrain from touching other students.
Instructors will maintain social distancing from class attendees.
12. Class will be dismissed slightly early (3-5 Min) to allow for proper sanitizing of door handles and barres in between every class. We will use an EPA approved cleaning product.
13. Class sizes have been reduced to accommodate social distancing. This is based on a 6 x 10 foot space for each dancer in center and varies by studio. The studio floors have
been marked to ensure this proper spacing. We must limit drop-in classes and make-up
lessons at this time due to the class size limitations.
14. All parents of students that are participating in classes must sign a COVID-19 medical waiver before entering the studio. Dancers will not be allowed to enter the studio
without submitting this form prior to their first class.
*Dance Bag: All dancers are asked to bring in only one small dance bag with just dance shoes, a bottle water and limited essential personal items upon entry. The water bottle must have the students full name labeled on it somewhere.
*If your child is not able to change their shoes without assistance, they will be sent to you outside to assist with their shoe change. Parents will remain outside. Please keep dance shoes clean from outside dirt.
We ask everyone to please use the restroom at home, avoid use at studio as much as
possible. Dancers need to avoid sitting on or touching floors. Floors will be cleaned
daily with an approved disinfectant.
In the event that the Patti Rutland Jazz Dance Center is exposed to a positive case of COVID-19:
The studio will be closed for two days for thorough professional cleaning.
During this hiatus, all classes will be held at their normally scheduled time over zoom.
The directly exposed students/teachers will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
No discounts or refunds will be issued because of COVID-19 related business interruptions.
Also, as part of the PRJ family, we encourage all of you to continue to follow the guidelines for COVID-19 safety at all times, keeping risk of infection to yourself and others at the greatest minimum possible.
We know that as our students re-enter the dance studio, this will be a new way for them. We will continue to provide comfort and joy for our students.
Thank you for your cooperation and we truly are happy to be back sharing our love for
dance with your children! With everyone’s help we can keep our dancers safe and
Patti Rutland Jazz Dance Center